Monday, June 9, 2008

if you have an emergency, please hang up & dial 9-1-1

Kristin officially sucks at blogging.

She has done so much fun stuff and has YET to even blog about the honeymoon. I, on the other hand, have done very little fun and a whole lotta work.


I worked my first day shift in a really long time today. It went fairly smoothly. I worked four nights in a row- got off at 7a on Sunday morning and was back at work this morning at 7a. It was a strange 24 hours. I think I napped on & off for most of those 24 and can't really remember much of it! The ED has been really busy so far- even though school is out, and the winter sicknesses should have disappeared. Instead, we're still seeing lots of viruses and fevers. That means lots of IVs and labwork for me! Last summer it seemed so slow. Over the weekend, I had very, very little down time. With the addition of kids on ATVs and falling out of trees to the whole sick kid mix, we stayed very busy. It makes the time go faster, but sometimes I enjoy the whole taking it easy thing.











Kristin & I did see SATC the Sunday of the weekend that it came out. I enjoyed it. Maybe Kristin will let you know what she thought of it. I laughed (& cried). I was mostly upset with the whole Steve & Miranda situation. I always loved him- I guess I always did have a thing for the nerdy type. Kristin & I did agree that Aidan was very much missed.



Unfortunately, I'm working this weekend. I would much rather be at Old Crow or Pat Green at Jubilee Jam. I haven't been to Jubilee Jam in forever. I think the last was when I saw Bob Dylan in 2003 I think.



I'm working another five after having Wednesday and Thursday off. Next Wednesday I'm headed to Newport, Rhode Island for Girls Vaca '08. Hopefully I will make it up there without too many problems. I've heard that lots of people are having problems flying- so just maybe I'll make it up there in time to hang out with everyone. I'm excited for a break, and I'm definitely excited to spend some time with Colleen. I haven't seen her since I went to visit her in Baltimore last fall, and I really haven't been very good at keeping in touch recently.


And lastly, this guy is a creep. We see this WAY too often in the ED, and most of them are never put in the news like this one. Also... just in case you were confused- Benadryl does not treat a fever. If you give your child a 50 mg dose of Benadryl for "burning up"- the child will STILL have a fever. AND it might be the reason he/she can't keep their eyes open. Today, I was in triage, and ONCE AGAIN- was amazed by the number of parents who treated their child's fever with Benadryl.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You're a busy girl, Court! Glad you updated the blog. I've been fussing at Kristin every chance I get about it. :)