Friday, July 25, 2008

5 Most Embarassing Songs

Here are the Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you, (Mallory & Tracy) and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
3. Tag 5 random people at the end of the post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Thanks for the tag, girls. I see that Elizabeth has already been tagged, so I don't have anyone else to tag (sad!). Furthermore, I'm totally not embarassed by my taste (or lack thereof) in music- BUT- I've been told that my love for the following songs SHOULD be embarassing to me.


So... here goes.


1. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
My love for this song started in middle school when my mom's high school skit troupe did a skit about drugs/alcohol/etc. to this song. The dramatic ending gets me excited every time, and it's on several of my mixed cds from throughout the years.



p.s.- That's some sweet hair.






2. Ashlee Simpson's Autobiography album

I bought this cd for Kristin around both of our 21st birthdays. We listened to it over and over on our way to Memphis for Kristin and Tracy's joint birthday party. Then... Kristin says it got "stolen" sometime while she was at State. That made me very sad. Maybe she just lost it. If not- someone else obviously has a similar love for Ashlee. I'm not really sure what it is exactly that I love about this cd. It's such teeny-bopper pop/rock that just makes me smile.I've now bought most of the album for my Ipod. And no, I'm not even embarassed about this one.






3. LFO's Summer Girls
I started driving the summer this song was on steady repeat on the radio. I'm even thinking that back in 1999 the radio station of choice in Jackson was 95.5- The Beat. Maybe someone can help me out on that. For some reason I thought that the inclusion of New Kids on the Block was so fun. This song is still a fun favorite of mine- especially for the summer.





4. Candy by Mandy Moore
I still hate that I missed Mandy when she came to Jackson when Candy was just released. She came to what was once an indoor amusement/games center named Planet Rock in Pearl- now it's one of those strange churches put into odd buildings that I don't really understand. My favorite part of the song is the spoken party towards the end with the "you know who you are..... love always, mandy."





5. Stevie Wonder's I Just Called to Say I Love You

Still not embarassed- I totally realize how cheezy this is. No rhyme or reason why- but I love it.









1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hahahahahaha! I just laughed out loud, especially at LFO! I loved that song, too!
I really need to do this survey. I actually kinda forgot about it until I just saw yours. :)