Tuesday, July 29, 2008

disgust

I started on the top 5 embarassing songs earlier this week and never finished. I'll eventually get that posted (sorry for the delay, girls!), but I actually have something serious on my mind right now. If you're not familiar with the Jackson news- check out the following...


dog mauling

last night's shooting

birthday party shooting

Two other deaths (not reported in the news) also occurred in the last two weeks. One was a death that was not necessarily due to the negligence of parents/adults. Unfortunately, the other death was the result of child abuse. All of them ended up in our emergency department.
Somehow, I managed to miss each one of these patients- which is a good thing for several reasons- the biggest being the fact that I might have been not so nice to parents during a difficult time.
I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I don't have kids. Maybe it's because I was raised by great parents. Maybe it's because I (usually) have common sense.
It's so incredibly sad, and it disgusts me.

update: i just saw this article on the wapt website after i published my post

No comments: