Sunday, March 30, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Yes, I must admit I have not been keeping up with my end of the blogging as much as I promised I would. Things have been pretty busy around here, but fun busy! As Court said in her last post, Drew and I had an absolutely beautiful announcement party two weekends past at Fort Hill in Vicksburg. Fort Hill is this gorgeous antebellum home in the Vicksburg Millitary park that overlooks the Mississippi River. The view is absolutely breathtaking! Seriously I felt like I was in Gone With The Wind ( before the war of course :) ). The party was hosted by several of Drew's parents' long-time family friends. They have all been so wonderful to Drew and me, and they were so sweet to host this beautiful party. A big group of my family from New Orleans and Atlanta came in for the party, so it was wonderful to visit with them. We always have such a great time when we get together. This weekend really made me see how lucky Drew and I are to have such great family and friends who are there to celebrate with us during this very exciting time! On Sunday, Court, Gretchen, Amber, Elizabeth and Mrs. Lyle hosted a wonderful kitchen shower for me. The shower was at Court's parents' house. Their house is so beautiful, and Court's mom has done an amazing job with decorating. Serioulsy it looks like it should be in a Southern Living Magaine. The girls did an amazing job with everything, and I was truly touched that they took so much time to make everything extra special. They had vases filled with hydrangeas (my absolute favorite flower), pictures of me and Drew on all the tables and a yummy yummy strawberry cake (you guessed it ...my favorite). The food was absolutely delicious. My friend Elizabeth is a great cook and really outdid herself. She made this delicious buffalo chicken dip that was so GOOD! I am so glad friends and family were able to make the shower. I hope everyone had a great time. Now I just need to get to practicing my cooking skills!!

2 comments:

Tracy & Joe said...

I found you...hehe!! And I've read all your posts now, and I'm eagerly awaiting a new one in regards to your recent Bachelorette Shin-dig that was AWESOME!!!! Love the blog! I will be stalking you...as well, I have now added you as one of the "Blogs I stalk" so hopefully you will have future stalkers to your sweet site!! Can't wait to see both of you very soon!! Come visit my blog sometime soon!! Love! Tracy

Tracy & Joe said...

ok, so I posted on my blog regarding your recent bachelorette Part-Aaaa!!!, but joe didn't upload the pics like I asked...so it is lacking a little...but they are coming! Don't you worry!! haha :)