Thursday, March 13, 2008

no spring break??

Well... I just finished "six on." I'm working a really strange schedule so that I can be around for Kristin's wedding festivities. Working nights has been great so far. I'll be working 7p-7a at least until the first weekend in April... hopefully longer. I do dislike the 11a-11p so much!
On a sad note- I'm missing spring break 2008. This is my first year to not have spring break. It totally sucks not being a student- especially when a group of my friends are down at Ono. Last year a big group of nursing school friends (& some others) went to stay @ Ono Island for a week. It was the best trip ever... completely relaxed at a time when I was very very stressed with finishing up school and finding a job. That same group has gone back again. Somehow most of them were able to get a week off. I hope they are having a good time- but I am so, so jealous!!
Right now I should be at The Club instead of blogging. Yesterday- I got off at 3 a.m. and went to work out @ 5 a.m. I could not believe the parking lot. It was the busiest I had ever seen it. I had no idea people got up that early. My excuse for not going this morning?- I plan on going this afternoon after I get some sleep AND Kristin (surprise) hasn't blogged at all. She is so disappointing. I do realize that no one besides the two of us really know about the blog at the moment... HOWEVER, @ some point, I just know people will click on our site numerous times throughout the day to check for updates. Right?
The St. Paddy's Day parade is this weekend. I hear it might rain. I won't be out there... but last year was lots of fun. Kristin & Drew have their engagement party Saturday night in Vicksburg. I'm looking forward to it, and I hope they are too. The only thing I'm not excited about?... finding something to wear. I've been looking since January for party/wedding/etc. dress and have yet to find anything. Which means- I probably won't be able to find anything in the next two days. We're also having a bridal shower for Krissy-boo Sunday at my mom's house. Hopefully all of that will come together. Most of all- I hope she gets some great gifts. The little mooch doesn't have a single pot or pan for the kitchen right now. Have I mentioned how gorgeous their new house is?? Love it!

Tonight- we're having a going away party for one of the nurses at work. It's at another nurse's house out in Brandon. Jonathan is leaving the University PED for a PED in Connecticut. Which brings me to another subject- I'm seriously still considering travel nursing after this summer. If I can get things together with the house (such as a roommate and such)- I would LOVE to take an assignment for a few months. I would actually love to go somewhere like Portland, Oregon. Okay- to be REALLY honest, I've already received magazines in the mail about the area. I'm obsessed. I just have to take the initiative to do it all. It's scary & exciting all at once.

alright- it's time for me to get some sleep. Kristin- this is a threat. blog. NOW.

No comments: