Monday, March 17, 2008

big weekend



It was a big weekend around here! Kristin & Drew had a fabulous engagement celebration Saturday night in Vicksburg at a beautiful house in the park. Kristin looked so pretty, and Drew's tie was so freaking cute. It was great to see all the family, and I think Kristin had a good time. I hate that I missed the sunset over the river (the party started @ 7 in Vicksburg, but I was running WAY late & didn't leave Brandon until 7:05). What I did enjoy was using my Mom's new Garmin to make it to the house. Of course I knew how to get to Vicksburg, but I had absolutely no idea where this house was. It worked perfectly, and now I want one!
We also had a kitchen shower for Kristin on Sunday afternoon. I hope Kristin enjoyed herself, and it seems like she got some great gifts. I'm glad a good group of her family was able to come (and also her friends). Everybody loves Kristin! You can see the table full of gifts in the back behind her and also just the gifts from her aunts around her feet. Lucky girl.
The shower was given by Kristin's sister, sister-in-law, a high-school friend, me, and my mom. I really am so lucky that my mom was willing to have the shower at her house. This is the second time we've hosted a shower there for one of my friends. It really is perfect for entertaining. Mom never complains about anything, and is a great hostess. I know we all can complain about our moms every now and then, but she really is an amazing mother- and I love & appreciate her so much! Speaking of- I'm trying to convince my mom to join the gym with me. She might be going with me this afternoon. We'll see!
Work called me this morning to see if I could come & work today and tomorrow. Since I have yet to go to sleep before 4 a.m. & will be working nights starting Wednesday, I had to decline. The money definitely would have been nice, but I just knew I couldn't do it. I'm off to do some laundry, clean up a little, and then go to The Club. Hopefully Kristin will let you know her take on the weekend (hint-hint).

No comments: